Labrador Iron Mines - Schefferville Project
- - Direct shipping (DSO) lump and sinter fines high-grade hematite iron ore deposits in Labrador
- - Mining and shipping from the James Deposit commenced in 2011 but is currently suspended
- - Existing rail transportation, deep water ports, shipping facilities and hydro power
- - Potential mine life of more than 20 years
- - Former operations of the Iron Ore Company of Canada
The group has an interest in Labrador Iron Mines Holdings Limited (LIM) which began mining and shipping iron ore in 2011. Mining operations were suspended from early 2014.
The Schefferville Projects are located in the west-central part of the Labrador Trough iron range, one of the major iron ore producing regions in the world, and are divided into two separate portions, one within the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador, and the other within the Province of Quebec, both located near the town of Schefferville, Quebec.
See the Labrador Iron Mines website for further details.